If getting testimonials is so easy…
Dear Business Owner,
My name is Martha and I want to take the yuck out of one of the most important – and often overlooked – business growth activities. Gathering testimonials seems like one of those “no-brainer” marketing tasks. And yet, most of the small business owners I work with NEVER do this! Never!! Here are the most common reasons business owners wimp out on avoid gathering testimonials. See if you relate to any of these…
- It’s a little embarrassing to ask someone to say nice things about you.
- You don’t want to be pesky
- You do ask, but your clients take forever to get around to writing a testimonial. So now you have to nag them. Yuck.
- The last time a client wrote a testimonial for you, it was so badly worded you didn’t want to use it. Awkward.
- You’re so busy with everything else, you just never seem to get around to it.
You may intuitively know that testimonials are a key marketing tool, but let’s look closer at why this is true. Here’s what good testimonials can add to your business…
- Credibility. Hands down, the words of your happy clients are THE best marketing device you can employ. We simply believe another person’s sincere touting of a business more than anything the business may say on its own behalf.
- Proof. Your clients’ kind words about you are evidence of your claims that you are the best in your area of expertise. If you want to expand your audience and attract new prospects who don’t already know you, you must have a way to prove that you know your stuff.
- Better Clients. That’s right – when you display testimonials from your wonderful, ideal clients, you will attract more just like them. Like attracts like, remember that rule?
- Stronger Relationship with Current Clients. As they reflect on why they like working with you, and then publicly articulate those reasons, they are deepening their commitment to your company. The process itself will build a stronger bond.
- Stories that Sell. Facts can be boring to most of us, but we are always pulled in by a good story. Your client testimonials are just that – mini stories about your business. A great story is much more likely to compel a prospect to buy from you than a bullet list of facts.
I know you don’t want to miss out on these rock-solid business growth benefits!
Listen, I’ve been in marketing for more than 25 years. (I added coaching to the mix 12 years ago.) Techniques come and go. Concepts come and go. Tools come and go. But testimonials have always been – and will always be – one of THE most vital elements of your business growth strategy.
Over all those years, I’ve gathered hundreds of testimonials for professional services clients covering many industries – consulting, architecture, engineering, accounting, technology, insurance, construction, associations, and coaching. After much trial and error, I developed a process that has been 100% successful in terms of getting great testimonials from even the most hard-to-reach clients.
I use coaching skills too – this is the secret sauce for testimonial success!
My process has been so successful, I was invited by PKF North America, an association of accounting firms, to conduct an instructional webinar for its member firms. That class was so successful they asked me back for a command performance two years later. This process really works!
Frankly, I’m tired of watching business owners struggle with this tool. So I’ve written a step-by-step guide to gathering snappy testimonials that will bring you more clients. Actually, it’s more than a guide – it’s a toolkit, with detailed instructions and ready-to-use templates for you to communicate effectively with your clients.
Inside the Brilliant Testimonials Toolkit:
Whether you are a do-it-yourselfer or if you hire this task out to an assistant, everything you (or your assistant) needs is contained in this Brilliant Testimonials Toolkit. You’ll get a 21-page ebook containing step-by-step instructions for my tried-and-true process. It’s not the kind of book you just read – it’s the kind of book you take action on. If you download the Brilliant Testimonials Toolkit right now, you can begin expanding your inventory of testimonials in a matter of days!
- Step-by-step instructions that are proven to get response and great quotes
- Ready-to-use templates for making requests, asking permission and conducting an interview
- Inspiration to put this on your front burner, ASAP!
Just a few highlights of what you’ll learn:
- How testimonial gathering can actually strengthen your existing client relationships
- How to remove the awkwardness from asking for a testimonial
- Two magic words that make it super easy for your client to say “yes”
- How to make the process quick, painless and actually enjoyable – for you and your client
- How to conduct a conversational interview that yields the results you want
- 5 practices that will put your client at ease
- How to write a testimonial that rings so true for your client, they will thank you when they see it
- How to leverage your testimonials once you have them
- How turning your client’s frown upside down can actually get you more sales
- The fine line between humility and false modesty – and how testimonials can help you declare your brilliance without sounding arrogant
- Why using “client satisfaction surveys” is a terrible way to get testimonials
- Resources to ensure that you use testimonials legally – the U.S. law changed recently and you don’t want to get yourself into trouble with the Federal Trade Commission!
- How to set up a fool-proof system – whether you are a DIY marketer or outsource to an assistant
“The Brilliant Testimonials Toolkit definitely fills a need out there. Most marketers and business owners know they need testimonials, but they just don’t know how to go about getting them. This toolkit is the only well-thought-out and documented handbook for gathering and writing testimonials that I’ve seen. I look forward to putting it into action!”
~ Laura Sparks, Writer, Creative Sparks LLC
“Testimonials are so valuable, but people take for granted that they know what they are doing — there really is a skill to getting good testimonials. The Brilliant Testimonials Toolkit is easy to read and we implemented the process quickly. Now we are delighted to have a growing set of testimonials for our business.”
~ Judy Muller, Operational Change Consultant, True Fruit
The step-by-step Brilliant Testimonials Toolkit is easy to use and there is zero ramp up time — you can read this clearly laid out ebook and implement right away. I appreciate that you make the process easier on my clients and still give them 100% control. We’ve gotten some great testimonials!”
~ Michelle Goss, CPCC, PCC
“The Brilliant Testimonials Toolkit gives me a broader understanding of the use and efficacy of testimonials. It presents a friendly, easy way to do something I’ve known would be good for me, but have yet to get around to doing. Martha streamlines the process so that I can finally act on it!”
~ Laura Overstreet Biering, MM, CPCC, PCC, Authentic Life & Leadership Coach, True Voices, Inc.
You are already paying a price if you do not have a good set of testimonials working for you — you are losing prospects. How much is each potential client worth to you? Hundreds? Thousands? Well, it would be a no brainer to get your testimonial-gathering process up and running for just $21. My reviewers told me I priced it too low. And then I went and ignored their advice and lowered it even more… to just $16 bucks. At least for now. I want to make it easy for you to say “yes”!
P.S. My goal is ultimately to help you build a thriving business without squeezing the life out of your life! Putting this easy-to-use, fail-safe process for gathering testimonials in place should be at the top of your list. Take testimonial gathering off of the back burner and put it smack dab in the heat, right now!